So much has happened in the last month!! I have so many stories to tell. But for now, I’ll quickly summarize with the hope that soon I’ll go into more depth on some of these stories… cause they’re worth it :)
The weekend after Thanksgiving Joe and I went out and cut down, brought home, and decorated our first Christmas Tree.
The weekend after Thanksgiving Joe and I went out and cut down, brought home, and decorated our first Christmas Tree.
We got a sweet combined Birthday/Christmas present from my Grandparents.
Joe and I joined his family for a long weekend in Williamsburg to watch them light up the town for Christmas including fireworks and the Fife and Drum. It was a fun time making memories with the kiddos.
This next cookie was my favorite! Fernando made it and named him "Mike" after his older brother because he gave the snowman an afro like Michael has... haha... cracked me up :)
Joe and I started our own tradition this year… as it was our first Christmas together. Last Christmas Eve Joe asked me to marry him at the WWII Memorial in DC (can't believe it's been a year...). We had eaten at this great little Mexican joint… the only restaurant that was still open that night. And so to start our Christmas tradition as the Catoe Junior Family… we went back and walked all the same roads, ate at the same restaurant, and hung around the memorial talking about all that were thinking… one year ago when he asked and I said "YES!". This is something that we hope to be able to do every year. It was cold but oh so much fun!
Christmas was so full but wonderful. Between Christmas Day and the day after, Joe and went to 5 different relative’s homes; bouncing between each of our families and all the extended families parties It was crazy! Needless to say… we feel like we need a vacation!
Oh, vacation!! Ok. How about Joe and I leave on New Year’s Day and spend 10 days in Florida?!? Yep, that’s right… we’re headed to Florida. A family friend on Joe’s side is getting married and we’re joining the whole family to attend. Because of Dad and Mom Catoe’s generosity… Joe and I are getting to extend our stay and vacation for a little while afterwards. It will be so nice!!
So until next time… Merry “Belated” Christmas and Happy New Year!! Next time I'll give you an update on my health... as you can see from the MANY things that we've done this month I'm doing VERY well :) Praise be to God!!
5 comments:
i.couldn't.be.more.excited.
FLOOOOOOOOOOOORIDA HERE SHE COMES, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
Yeah for vacations in FLORIDA! :) I hope I get to see you!
So glad to see and update...have been thinking of you both. Praise God you are well enough to have a crazy month filled to the brim with activity. Now go and have fun in warm and sunny Florida at Wendy's wedding :)
Blessings,
kathi for the clan
so...how 'bout a post?! ;)
ummm... you need to post... this is really pathetic. Almost 2 months have gone by. Seriously, Kristen, this is just sad!
Post a Comment