Grandma’s health was very poor over the last few years and it was continuing to weaken. We were prepared that she could pass away soon but didn't think it would be for another couple of months. We were hoping we might get to spend one last Christmas with her but that was not God’s plan. He called her home yesterday. My Mom, who has cared for Grandma tirelessly and selflessly through her illnesses, was able to be with Grandma and hold her as she died. Grandma went very peacefully. We are all grieving and we're going to miss her but we're also rejoicing in the fact that Grandma was a Christian and is now with her Savior. It's amazing to think that while we were all eating lunch yesterday; my Grandma was getting to experience for the first time what it is like to dance in streets gold as she gazed into the unmasked beauty of our Lord. WOW! I can only imagine!
I love you Grandma. I’m going to miss you but I’m smiling big smiles at the fact that I’ll get to see you again in Heaven. I’ve already asked God to make sure that I get to watch your welcome home party replayed when I get to Heaven. I can’t even begin to imagine all the ways that God honored you for how you lived your life, by his grace. Make sure to save me a jump roping contest down those streets of gold! (I’m hoping my score will be better then the one I held when we were at the beach back when I was little!) I love you.
4 comments:
Praying for you, Kristen and for your whole gang! Your grandma was a sweetie and will surely be missed!
Margaret was a wonderful lady who is now free from all pain & discomfort and free to fully enjoy being in the glorious presence of her Savior.
Our prayers are with you and your family.
Paul & Jo
Kristen,
How good it is that as believers we can be sorrowful, yet always rejoicing...what a picture you leave us with of a life well lived.Your grandmom sounds like someone I would have loved to know! I know the Lord will honor your mom and your entire family for the way you embraced her in your home and cared for her until the very end. I will be praying for you and the rest of your family.
Blessings,
Kathi for the gang
We are so sorry to hear about your loss, but rejoice that we will get to meet her someday.
Post a Comment