Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a HAPPY Surprise!!

Yes, I’m here at Johns Hopkins and yes, I’m online :) What a happy surprise that was! We were told in all the forms leading up to us arriving that there was not going be internet access easily made available to us. We brought our laptops JUST incase and to our delight… those forms were proven old and I’m sitting here with wireless internet!! Yeah!

So, to the best of my ability, I’ll try to keep you all updated as the week plays out. Not only do I believe this will serve you in praying for us but it’ll also give me something to do and think about… haha… and if I decided to be humble enough, I might even post a picture or two so be looking for those!

Although fairly uneventful, today has been a full and draining day. My parents, Joe and I arrived at Johns Hopkins bright and early this morning. I was doing well enough physically to walk about halfway through the hospital before needing a wheelchair to complete the journey. Once we finally went through admittance and checked into my room, all the doctors and nurses began their rotations. I met them all, the initial consultations and evaluations were done, and I was hooked up to the EEG and EKG monitoring units. Because of all the commotion and the very little sleep I got last night, my body did start displaying some minor symptoms (hands swaying, loosing my balance, a bit unstable speech, etc) but nothing of significance.

I’m now sitting here in the room with 27 wires that have been glued all over my head and several to my chest, the camera is staring right at my face with the microphone above my bed, and I have an IV in my forearm. It’s an odd feeling knowing that every move is being watched and recorded. I feel like I should be on one of those reality shows where I should look into the camera and report all of my thoughts so that the world can listen in :)

So the continued prayer request would be that God would allow my body to go into some seizure-like episodes that are violent enough that the doctors can observe them in all their glory. I know its an odd prayer request but would you please pray that I would have a couple bad days this week?

Thanks all... so happy that I’m actually able to post something for you to read. Looking forward to it being over but grateful that God has us here.

4 comments:

All 8 of Us said...

I was hoping you'd be able to update!! Praying Kristen for your symptoms to emerge in full force so the docs can do what they're trained to do...
Lifting you before the throne of grace...
Love,kathi for the gang.

Katherine Peschau said...

I am praying for you! I am so thankful you have internet so you can keep us updated on how you are doing, and what to be praying for. Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we HOPE for but certain of what we do not see." Love, Kathy P. :)

Kate said...

Kristen, praying for the Lord to work in mighty ways this week... and that you might find rest, even in the midst of everything going on.
Love you, dear friend!

Megan said...

What a great blessing! God is looking out for you. Praying for you Kristen!