In the morning, bright and early, Joe and I leave for Johns Hopkins. Could you all please pray for us? For the past two weeks I’ve been doing fairly well physically with only a few episodes here and there. It’s been a blessing and time we both have really enjoyed. But now we’re praying that as I go into Hopkins God would allow my body to have my symptoms in full swing again. I seem to be on a cycle where my health is constantly going up and down… please pray that I would again be in a “down” state this week and that God would allow the doctors to see the perfect combination of my symptoms to aid in a diagnosis. I don’t know what God is planning for this week but I’m confident that whatever it is he is good, sovereign, and loving.
“Though the fig tree should not blossom
nor fruit be on the vines
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls
YET I will REJOICE in the Lord
I will take JOY in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength
he makes my feet like the deer’s
he makes me tread on high places.”
Habakkuk 3:17-19
nor fruit be on the vines
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls
YET I will REJOICE in the Lord
I will take JOY in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength
he makes my feet like the deer’s
he makes me tread on high places.”
Habakkuk 3:17-19
3 comments:
praying and praying! hope despite any discomfort and the oddity of it all that God allows you and Joe to enjoy the crazy memories you're making as you walk through this.
Praying for you both! Praying also that your symptoms might reveal to the docs what the underlying issue is early on in your stay so that you can get a shower and sleep in your own bed sooner than anticipated! But as you said, whatever He has planned for this week, you know it is good..."May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him. So that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
With much love, the Baillie clan
yes!! thank you, Lord, for your gift of Scripture to comfort, remind and inform our thinking!! we ask for complete healing, for wisdom for the doctors and peace for the Catoes and Ryans. we thank you in advance for how you will show your faithfulness to them in yet another round of doctors, wires and tests.
i love you, kristen!!!!
Post a Comment