“It's out of my hands
It's out of my reach
It's over my head
And it's out of my league
There's too many things
That I don't understand
So it's into your will
And it's out of my hands”
So many times I find myself stuck in the first several lines. I can get so overwhelmed. Everything is out of my hands, and reach, and league. There are times that I feel like there are just “too many things that I don’t understand.” But I’ve found that if I just keep on singing there is a massive peace that comes if I simply believe the next line. All I need to do is commit it all into the Lord’s hands and trust him with his will on my life. Instead of feeling overwhelmed with all that I don’t understand I pray and tell the Lord “so it’s into your will and it’s out of my hands”.
“What we believe and what we treasure are revealed in crisis. When everything around us begins to give way our heart and affections are laid bare. When the scorching heat of trial evaporates all hope the dross becomes apparent… Crises reveal the cracks, and in spite of what we say we believe God has designed suffering and trial to bring congruity between what we say we believe and what we truly believe.”
Dan Morse, Senior Pastor of Christ Our Redeemer Church Vancouver, WA
This is a quote from an email a friend of the family wrote to his church. He sent it to my family and I’ve found it so encouraging. It’s true. This trial has really helped “bring congruity between what I say I believe and what I truly believe”. My faith is being solidified in my life through this trial. It's a hard season but one that I know is good and perfect and being designed by my loving and sovereign Creator. So it's into his will and out of my hands.
1 comment:
I love the Dan Morse quote!
How are you doing Kristen?
Post a Comment