Oh my! Yeah, ok so the last time I posted was August 26th. Oops! Sorry guys. I knew it had been a while but didn’t realize it was THAT long ago :)
So what does life look like for Joe and I post Johns Hopkins? Well, the gradual “getting better” continues to slowly climb. I'm so grateful that I can say that there are moments where I feel almost normal, sometimes for a few hours and ... drum roll please!! ... sometimes for a whole day!! I still have many episodes that come unpredictably and can leave me convulsing to the point of not being able to get up from the couch. If I'm not convulsing I could be mobile but completely exhausted, fatigued, and my body very achy. But I'm doing better overall and I'm able to handle a lot more things as you will soon see. Johns Hopkins will continue to keep me under their care. We’re not sure all that these visits will include as I haven’t had my first follow-up yet but I will go there once a month so they can monitor my progress.
Prayer requests for this season… well, first of all that I would keep getting better!! Also, that Joe and I would continue to trust God and have patience as the healing process could still be a long and slow event. Pray that our monthly visits at Johns Hopkins would be beneficial and help me to continue to improve. And please pray for Joe, in addition to balancing work and caring for me, school has started back up again. He’s in a couple very challenging classes so as life gets a little busier it’s also getting a bit more challenging for him.
So enough with the serious stuff :) One of Johns Hopkins encouragements was to live life as normally as my body will allow. And we have been doing just that!
Let’s see in the past two plus weeks we have gone to a Redskins pre-season game with my sister and got seats 17 rows back from the field!! Even though it was a depressing loss of a game we still had a blast and loved the view from up close.


We purchased a brand new mattress and said goodbye to the days of backaches and restless sleeping from the ancient mattress we were using.
the old guys waiting in the hallway to be picked up
the new guys waiting for some sheets... ooo, comfy!
I got adventurous and got a new hairdo that included my first highlights ever :) although as you can see they sadly have faded quite a bit because of all the sun I've been getting.
Joe took me for a walk to enjoy the sunrise one morning.
What a sweet guy :)

My mom had to stay home and care for Grandma as her health is really poor.
We've really missed mom on vacation so we decided to tell her.
and a brief little preview of one of the MANY firework displays we've done.
I think this is a favorite activity for us all.
Yes, please again forgive me for neglecting to type anything up for a long while! And now, I’m going to sign off in order to enjoy some more of this fabulous vacation… well, after a good night’s sleep. Thanks again for caring and praying for Joe and I.
7 comments:
kristen. i can't believe it. i missed your CALLLLLLLL!!!! i was without a cell phone for way toooooo long and couldn't believe my ears! your message was SO sweet and made me miss you super super much. i have so much to tell you. i shall message you on facebook when you get back from vacay to see when we can chat.
oh and the note to your mom was AWESOME...oh and we joined the "highlights" club the same year! go us! ;) you look gorgeous!...albeit white next to hubby. ;)
YAY! Seeing pictures of you smiling at a football game is a VAST improvement of pictures of pillows and a remote next to the couch! Wow! God is truly kind!!!!! (each time I see pictures, it reminds me of that one, for some reason.) Even then, you were hope filled and showed a confident trust in God. It is so cool to see Him blessing your faithful "plodding along" in such tangible ways.
I pray for you daily. Though we've never met, through your blog and pictures and reading about what God has done and is doing through this trial, I have been SO greatly encouraged.
When I'm discouraged and tempted to give in to self pity and despair, often I come and read your blog. I always leave with a greater view of my God's sufficiency and His loving sovereignty over my trials and physical weariness. So, thanks, my friend. Thanks for suffering with an inexpressible joy. Thanks for pointing me to the hope found in the One who healed my soul (whether or not He chooses to heal my body, fully aware that He could!)
still prayin for ya! :)
YAY! Seeing pictures of you smiling at a football game is a VAST improvement of pictures of pillows and a remote next to the couch! Wow! God is truly kind!!!!! (each time I see pictures, it reminds me of that one, for some reason.) Even then, you were hope filled and showed a confident trust in God. It is so cool to see Him blessing your faithful "plodding along" in such tangible ways.
I pray for you daily. Though we've never met, through your blog and pictures and reading about what God has done and is doing through this trial, I have been SO greatly encouraged.
When I'm discouraged and tempted to give in to self pity and despair, often I come and read your blog. I always leave with a greater view of my God's sufficiency and His loving sovereignty over my trials and physical weariness. So, thanks, my friend. Thanks for suffering with an inexpressible joy. Thanks for pointing me to the hope found in the One who healed my soul (whether or not He chooses to heal my body, fully aware that He could!)
still prayin for ya! :)
oh. sooo sorry. somehow it posted my comment twice. not sure how that happened. eeks. :)
It was great seeing the 2 of you at Myrtle beach last week :) Thanks for hanging out with us for a bit. Glad we were finally able to see you again since we missed you wedding :( And let it be known, I did not fall asleep watching the video(he,he) and was captivated the whole time :)!!!
Much love,
kathi for the gang
Hi Kristen!
It was so good read about your newest updates. I know I get some of those from Colleen, but being able to read them and see them is awesome! I love your new hair! Maybe you can even get more adventurous and allow Colleen some fun of Autumn highlighting!! :)
Love you my dear! We are praying for you and Joe. ((hugs)) Karen Keller
So glad to see you out and about - in photos. Praying for your continued recovery.
-Janet Waring
Post a Comment