Monday, July 28, 2008

Little Update + Johns Hopkins

Sorry I haven’t been very faithful in keeping you all posted more regularly. There isn’t any real change in my health so there’s not much to update you on. I need to take it just one day at a time as my physical state fluctuates so frequently. One morning I can wake up with convulsions and my muscles tightening and curling, the next day I might be doing well with just a bit of fatigue, and the following morning my voice might be gargled and slurred with my walk being staggered.

But one wonderful thing to tell is that on Friday I was well enough to go to my care group with Church for the first time since the week I got sick; over three months ago now. What a blessing that was! Before going Joe and I just prayed that we would be refreshed and that we would enjoy our time and feel “normal” and like “the good old days” while we were there. God graciously answered that prayer! I so enjoyed our time and although my symptoms began appearing as the evening went on, I was able to make it through the entirety of care group including hanging out for a while afterwards. It was wonderful!

If you wouldn’t mind, could you please pray for me? Wednesday is going to be a big day. It’s the 30th… my appointment with a neurologist at Johns Hopkins. My mom (who has been an ENORMOUS blessing to Joe and I through all this), Joe, and myself will be going. Some of our prayer requests would be for the following:
  • Wisdom for my Mom and Joe as they share my past and genetic medical history in addition to my current conditions with the neurologist
  • Wisdom for the neurologist as he picks apart my case and determines what tests to perform
  • Peace for all of us and trust in God as everything is discussed.
  • There is a temptation for me to want to put my hope in “the best doctors in the world” and a diagnosis verses just trusting in God’s loving hand guiding my life through this trial. So also prayer that no matter what the result of this visit I would rest knowing God is the one sovereign over all of it.
  • And obviously for a diagnosis, if that’s God’s will, and for healing.

So our appointment is at 2:00pm. The initial consultation and possible testing will last several hours and if they find any reason to do further testing they will admit me and I would be there over night.

Thank you so much for caring for us and lifting us up! We would be so grateful for your prayers!

13 comments:

Ruth said...

I will definitely be praying for the three of you, my friend! You are such a wonderful example of unwavering trust in the Lord. I hope you realize the impact you've had on other's lives...all for His Glory.

<3

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

no question - i will be praying!!!! i am so excited that you were able to go to care group!!!!!

love you, girl!

Jess Abellada said...

I will definitely be praying for you!

Becca said...

praying for you all for Wednesday and for the outcome. so grateful to be able to trust the One who made you.

All 8 of Us said...

Continuing to pray Kristen and Joe...so glad we can keep up to date by reading here. Thanks for your faithful example which glorifies the Lord.
With love,
Kathi for the Baillie clan

Sarah said...

Praying for you bud!

Anonymous said...

Hi big sister!
I miss you terribly! I will be praying for you and Joe and Mom! Just remember God already knows what tomorrow will look like and what will happen after that! I luv you so much! tell joey the jet plane hi for me!

Anonymous said...

We've been keeping posted via your blog - thanks for doing that! We will definitely be praying for you all tomorrow.
With Our Love,
Susan and all the Nelson girls!

eva said...

Will be praying!
Love,
Eva Campbell

jessica said...

praying for you both. your faith astounds me.

botiquinkat said...

Praying dear friend ;) I love you and miss you mucho!

-Katie <3

Cara said...

I'm reading this at 1:47 p.m. on the 30th, Kristen--and praying right now!

Emily said...

hi joe and kristen,

i am praying for you both! May God bless you both with his peace that passes understanding!

emily b.