Thursday, July 31, 2008

…And He Wore a Bow Tie

I won’t keep you suspended any longer. Our appointment went well yesterday. Thanks so much everyone for praying! There isn’t a lot of news to share but we’re grateful for the way God appears to be leading us. The doctor, who was all snazzy in his orange and red patterned bow tie, seemed very efficient. Two weeks ago, thanks to my Mom’s help, we had submitted to John’s Hopkins all of my paperwork from all previous doctor’s appointments and tests results. The Johns Hopkins’ doctor was well acquainted with my case upon me coming into his office. He listened as he asked me to retell my view of my symptoms and then did an initial exam to observe how my body and brain reacted to certain stimulants. Although very difficult, I was grateful that the Lord allowed my body to be in a pretty bad physical state. The doctor was able to see some of my symptoms happen while I was sitting before him.

Because of what he observed through his examination, he has asked that I be admitted to Johns Hopkins for further testing including 24hour video monitoring, EEGs, and EKGs. This isn’t for just an overnight like we had originally thought it might be but for a lengthier period of time (possibly up to a week). Because of the length of that appointment we were sent home last night and are now waiting to hear when that testing will be scheduled with the hospital.

So there isn’t any solid news to convey from yesterday’s appointment but we’re grateful for how God is caring for us. Johns Hopkins is taking my case seriously and is pursuing further monitoring to try and help find a diagnosis.

Joe and I really can't say how much your prayers mean to us! Thank you so much for how you love us in that way. We would be soooooo grateful if you would continue praying for us though. This trial has been long and it’s wearying at points. Both of us are so aware of God working in our lives through this. We see his love and grace in so many ways and are in faith as we trust him and wait on his sovereign timing for healing… But, that’s not to say that it isn’t a hard season. We would covet your prayers for continued grace, strength, and refreshment as we wait upon the Lord.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

regularly lifting you up in prayer
<3

Anonymous said...

Hey I have been praying for ya'll and your families from long distance :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen,

I will continue praying for all you and Joe have requested. Even though I am in Mexico, you have been in my prayers. Thanks for being such a great example of faith in our Sovereign Father!
Let us know if you need any help :)

Violeta

Anonymous said...

Kristen,

Met your dad at the worship conference and found out about what has been happening to you. I just wanted to let you know I will be praying for you, your husband, and your family.

Nahum 1:7
Lam 3:31-33

Tim Kerr
www.sovgraceto.com

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

hey girl! i'm sooo glad to hear this! i heard a second-hand report from d.j. while at the conference (which was amazing - listen to the messages!!!) but didn't get to chat with your dad after wednesday. :(

prayed for you all week long...

Becca said...

so grateful that you had a hopeful experience with Hopkins. bow-tie and all it sounds like that Doctor was great.
praying for y-o-u Kris10. ;-)