"The place of our habitation is fixed, and we are not to remove from it out of whim and caprice, but seek to serve the Lord in it, by being a blessing to those among whom we reside… No lawful place, or gracious occupation, however mean, can debar us from communion with our divine Lord… In all works of faith we may count upon Jesus’ fellowship. It is when we are in his work that we may reckon upon his smile.”
- C.H. Spurgeon -
Fighting to remember that the Lord is near no matter what my circumstances look like is so very hard sometimes. There are times when I can’t sense his nearness and it seems that my circumstances and this sudden change in lifestyle are too much to bear. It’s hard to remember that my Lord who I have known as the glorious steadfast lover of my soul is still the same today. I try to remember how the gospel and the fact that I’m saved from all my sin are the most vivid display of God’s love to me but so many times my soul screams out “WHY???” and the truth fades to a dull echo in the back of my head. But I have to pull back there. Yes, my trial is real. Yes, I’m tired and weary. Yes, I want this to be over. Yes, I don’t understand why I am here. But more then that, yes oh so much more then that, I must remember and recall that my Lord is near. He has saved me from my sin and because he has shown that great act of love I am able to have fellowship with him. Fellowship with my King! I can go before his thrown and cry out for mercy and grace, and you know what? He promises to ANSWER. It’s a fact; whether I “feel” it or not. My God, my Savior, my Father is here. He cares for me. He loves me. I can trust him. I can rest in him. I can praise him in this storm.
I was sure by now, God, that you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away,
Stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
And it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
The God who gives and takes away.
And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
- Casting Crowns -
9 comments:
Hi dearest! I missed our phone date yesterday. :( Things have been SO busy! But I'll try to call you soon. I miss you so crazily much. Sigh.
Loads of love to you. xo
wow, i think about you a lot!
i saw your dad yesterday and he said you were going to the doctor (and that DJ wasn't coming up so my little package for you still hasn't gotten to you :D) and were anticipating it being a long day. i hope it went okay :D
as Ally said, i miss you so crazily much too.
wish i could give you a hug!
Oh Kristen!! I'm so encouraged by your example! That song (as well as God Moves in a Mysterious Way) really comforted me a lot last summer. I pray that you will sense His care in NEW and TANGIBLE ways today!
I love you1
praise God for the grace that is so obviously at work in your life right now. what an encouragement that is.
thank you for reminding me that even when we barely hear Him whisper through the rain, that He is still holding on.
As the waves crash against our weary souls in what seems unending cycles, what a refreshing hope to realize that though the waves come, I am being held through those waves in the arms of my sweet, loving Father.
I'm missing you friend. So much to talk to you about... I'm still praying you'll be better for the wedding :p Thanks for doing the blog... good to have some kind of connection to you.
Kristen,
I have seen on Sarah Medlers away message for weeks now "pray for kristen." So I finally got a chance to ask her about it. I'm so glad that I did. Your "friends" at Crossway in MA are praying for you. I know that you are missed at Sov Grace. But that is such a testimony of God's grace in your life. You truly do make a difference in so many people lives... and that hasn't changed. Your example now of trusting God is an example to me and so many others.
Thank you!
megan roca
oh my dear friend! i'm so happy to have found you on facebook and subsequently found your blog! i've been praying for you since i heard of what happened (got most of our updates from paul medler). thank you for your example of faith and processing and walking through this trial with a biblical and Godward perspective. i so respect and love you, kristen. i want to be just like you when i grow up! :) and it's been really great to hear about how God has been growing Joe and using him to provide such care and grace for you. God truly is kind, no?
still praying for you dear, DEAR friend. (i SO missed seeing you at Na this year)
::hug::
Ahhh Kristen...How I have missed you!!! We had care group last night and it just wasn't the same without you there. I can TOTALLY relate to your struggles with why. I find myself in that same place very often.
Not much is new on my front. I had wanted to get a job, but through a number of circumstances, that won't be happening, so now I am working on finding something else to take up my time.
I am praying for you and Joe and I hope that when things are back to normal we can have lots and lots of chats again. I have missed our conversations SOOOO much!!
I love you girl!!! Keep pressing into the Lord!! :)
"We often forget "that whatever befalls us is according to his purpose, and
therefore must be right and seasonable in itself, and shall in the issue be
productive of good. From hence arise impatience, resentment, and secret
repining, which are not only sinful but tormenting; whereas, if all things
are in his hand, if the very hairs of our head are numbered; if every event
great and small, is under the direction of his providence and purpose; and
if he has a wise, holy, and gracious end in view, to which everything that
happens is subordinate and subservient; then we have nothing to do, but
with patience and humility to follow as he leads, and cheerfully to expect
a happy issue....How happy are they who can resign all to him, see his hand
in every dispensation, and believe that he chooses better for them than
they possibly could for themselves!" - John Newton
Post a Comment