Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Camera Cord Thingy-Ma-Bobber

Well, since I got sick so soon after returning from our honeymoon there is a bit of unpacking and setting up of our new apartment that hasn’t been completed. On the days that I am feeling better I’ve been slowly making my way through a box here and there. Yesterday during this process a long lost and desired treasure was found!! The little cord that allows me to take my pictures off my camera and put them on the computer… whatever that funny little guy is called.

Our honeymoon pictures that have been taking up all my memory on my camera are at last on my computer!! YEAH!! Thought you might enjoy some of them…

Thanks to both sets of our very generous parents, Joe and I enjoyed two relaxing weeks in really nice resorts around Tennessee. One of my favorite activities that you’ll see below was a helicopter tour of the Smokey Mountains… pretty cool stuff!


Posing in front of the Grand Ol' Oprey in Nashville, TN.

We found this HUGE floor to ceiling mirror in the hotel and decided that it was a perfect place to goof off and pretend to be models. Yeah, several people that passed by gave us a good stare :)

So this was taken at the Gaylord Resort in Nashville, TN.
It was actually really random... while we there they were doing the first round of casting for the show "Nashville Star" (country music's version of American Idol). There were thousands of cowboys and rednecks playing guitars, hermonicas, you name it, EVERYWHERE! We'll probably get demarits in Heaven for the fun we had people watching. Some of those people were CRAZY!

Don't worry... it wasn't us. But we did feel pretty bad for this couple... after we laughed really hard. (don't judge us! you know you would have done it too!)

Ahh... the helicoptor tour of the Smokey Mountains!!


And a little video tour of our ride through the Smokies... there we sat in the back of the helicoptor and the pilot and another passenger sat up front.

P.S. Thinking of you Ryan and Sarah Tiren while you're on your FABULOUS honeymoon this week! So glad I was well enough so that Joe and I could see you two get married on Sunday!

P.P.S. I loved seeing you all from Sovereign Grace Ministries and Gburg at the wedding! I miss you guys. Thanks for letting me get caught up a bit on all of your lives.

5 comments:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

oh yay!!! what fun!! i am so excited that you got to share your pics! i'm praying for you tonite!

love,

j-lo

Anonymous said...

It's good to see these happy pix, Kristen. I've been thinking of you a lot lately. And praying for you!! I wasn't at the wedding, so I didn't get to see you but I was so glad to hear you made it. May the God of all comfort pour out His comfort on you now so that you may, in turn, comfort others with what you have received and what you know about God's grace and goodness.

Unknown said...

Great pictures!, you two look so happy :). I remember after our wedding Fred and I were so excited that when we were in our honeymoon, we didn't take any pictues at all :S, the reason?... we both forgot the camara hahaha.

Keeping you in my prayers :).

Ariel said...

So fun. Wasn't God good to have postponed the process of sanctification that you're now in until you got back? He must've wanted you to have a good time.

It was so good seeing you Sunday! I am so glad that we'll be in the same caregroup. I NEVER would have predicted that we'd be in the same caregroup at a different church when I first met you. It's good to know God is always in control.

Well, I was trying to think of something else interesting to tell you, but I can't think of anything...well, Kate's making food from Norway tonight: cheese, salmon, and strange bread. We've started making food from and learning about a different country each Monday since school ended. I'm hungry. Hope she's done soon. :)

Love you!

Sarah said...

Thank you friend! I hope you're doing alright... missing you. Did you see Andy's slideshow? You're in it! :o) Love you lots...