We are still unsure exactly why my body is in the state it is but I'm just happy that some "normal" days were placed into Joe's and my life within the past couple weeks. Although we still worked around things like my wheelchair, fatigue and weakness, back pain, headaches, and staggered speech… here are a few of things we've done in the last few weeks in addition to all the doctor's appointments.
My favorite activity was the surprise trip we were able to take joining Joe's family at the beach… ahhh… a couple days sitting in a beach chair with my feet in the ocean beats being on a couch by a million!! I loved watching the kids playing their hearts out!
We also were treated to a GREAT buffet seafood dinner (with all you can eat crabs!!!) while at the beach. The best part was that I was able to WALK from our table to the buffet line a couple times before needing Joe's help. (uh-huh, I'm a pig… I'm not telling how many times I went back for more crabs.)
And in the past two weeks our little family has grown from a comfy two to a family of six!! Yes, my "Ryan" blood is settling in again and pets are making their way into the house. We now have a cat named Morgan from my family, two baby red slider turtles named Bonnie and Clyde from the beach, and a beta fish named Pookey. These little apartment style pets are so much fun and Joe, whose biggest pet ever was a hermit crab, is learning to love them… thanks Baby!
So it's been a big time to rejoice in God's tangible goodness with my health. If you all would please continue to pray though, Joe and I would be so grateful. I still struggle having "down days" with my health (and this week is no exception). My neurologist is sending me to John's Hopkins on July 30th. I'm going to be seen by a neurologist there and then have a non-epilepsy/epilepsy monitoring test. They will hook me up to an EKG, EEG, and video monitoring for a couple days to see if the further testing reveals anything. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors, humility and trust in God for myself as possible diagnosis are discussed and tested for, and wisdom and dependence on the Lord for Joe as he leads. So grateful for your prayers.
4 comments:
i love seeing you having fun! and eating crabs! good job. the beach is just the best. and you look adorable.
and all your pets! very Ryan. knew it couldn't stay quiet for long :D
and i'm so very glad to hear about the Hopkins testing! praying for conclusiveness. (otherwise... i might have to kick some people)
love love love!
i'll be praying, on the 30th!!!!!
what an absolute joy it is to see those pictures of you at the beach! I'm so grateful that God is bringing some healing to you and I pray that He will continue to. I'm also praying for your husband, fully confident that God will grant the needed grace to continue to lead you both through this trial with such excellence. (did i say "through"? uhuh. this trial will end, I fully believe that!!!)
It is such an encouragement to read your posts that are so full of hope and the gospel, knowing full well the agony and pain you are going through. In all of this, you have been such an example of 1st Peter - "though you have not seen Him, you love Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible."
So, from someone you've never met from sunny (albeit rainy today) SC, thank you! Keep it up, girl! :)
Continuing to pray for you both.
Wendy in Maryland
Post a Comment