Wednesday, September 7, 2011

momma's cravings

Taste-buds during pregnancy. This was a change I was not quite prepared for.

For some reason I thought when you would "crave" food it would be things you already naturally loved... but so far, that's been proven dead wrong in my case. Many of my old favorites taste NOTHING like they used too! And many items I wouldn't generally think twice about are staples I can't seem to go without.

My faaavs that the Baby can't tolerate:
  • coffee... even though I always want it, I dare not take a sip
  • ice cream
  • chocolate of any sort (whaaaaat???)

But Baby loooooves the following:
  • tangy frozen lemonade or tart cranberry juice
  • MEAT, MEAT, MEAT, especially cheeseburgers
  • apple sauce, pears, and clementines by the mounds!

It certainly seems to be taking after Joe. That's ok, later in life the two of them can have their steak and tart juices while I go back to sipping steaming hot coffee followed by a piece of delicious dark chocolate.

No comments: