Friday, June 3, 2011

my oh my... miami

In 2009, on our first year anniversary, Joe and I traveled to St. Marteen in the Caribbean. It was truly the BEST vacation we've had... and possibly may ever. We were smack in the middle of a very hard trial with my health and the crystal clear water aided us in escaping mentally from the rough realities of my pain, fatigue, and convulsions. God refreshed us there and I fell in love with the tropics.

So why mention this?! Well we found out yesterday that Miami was only 45min from us. Having never been, we decided to drive over. I had no idea really what I was about to encounter... my first glimpse of the Miami blues made tears come to my eyes. I was flooded with memories of that Caribbean vacation and the faithfulness of God in healing me from the sickness that plagued me then.

Today was AMAZING. We just breathed deep and ENJOYED. I'll just let the numerous pictures speak for themselves. I'm sure you'll agree with me :)

Key Biscayne Yacht Club
where we sat to eat our lunch



our car keeps following us :)


Crandon Park Beach on Key Biscayne


this next picture I think is one of my favorites of all time...



leaving the island of Key Biscayne and heading to Art Deco

Burn Notice, anyone?! :)









Right off the bustling streets of Art Deco is South Beach



oxymoron?


We ate some pretty yummy BBQ for dinner :)



and back to Key Biscayne to watch the sunset

every 5min the scene completely changed. It was wonderful!



sigh... what a glorious day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to enjoy my old city!
:-)

- Tammy Stoy