Monday, March 8, 2010

Our Joy-filled Life Continues

Pictures are always a favorite so I think I'll use them to bring this blog up to speed. A lot has happened since I last posted...

We said goodbye to our good friends Mike Bowden and Eli Schellhardt. They are at Paris Island for Marine boot camp and we miss them and their character... A LOT.
We made our way to Florida to be with David Fountain and Jennifer Lightfoot (eh-hem now Mrs. Fountain!!) for her gorgeous gigantic wedding!

While there we hung out with so many old friends and made a several new ones!

(shout out to all the FL people who I found out actually read this blog!! haha. ya'll are crazy!)

When we got home from a whirlwind weekend we were slammed by the historically largest blizzard our region has EVER seen. I still don't know what th
e actual snow fall totals came out to be (something like 27") but with the snow drifts we had piles that were 6'-10' high and major highways where even shut down for days!!


Then for Valentine's Day I received the biggest and best surprise from Joe (by way of my extremely generous Dad-in-law)... a 3 day trip to the National Harbor where I was blessed with lots of quality time with Joe and getting to have dinner one evening with his parents... it was WAY too fun and romantic!!!



And THEN dun dun duh... MARYBETH AND BUFF got engaged :) It's been so weird these past couple weeks to actually realize that my sister is now planning her own wedding and preparing to marry her very best friend in July. Joe and I are SOOO happy for them. (We miss you Buff while you're in Afganistan. Thanks for serving our country. Hurry home to marry my sister!)


And the list could go on and on. Joe graduates this year!!!, my health faithfully (yet ever so slowly) continues to improve, and our jobs are growing and changing. As you can see, it's an exciting time in our lives... and hence the lack of communication here... but alas, you're used to that by now, right?!

So until next time...

3 comments:

Paul Medler said...

Great reading this.

I'll check back in a few months for the next post.

Paul

megan said...

Yay! Love it!

Anonymous said...

i love you. i love that you came to my wedding. i love that we got that pic. i love that you updated your blog. i love that we're friends. :-D