Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

It was the first snow of the season here in Maryland a couple weeks ago, I was terribly sick, Joe was swamped with school, and we didn't have much money... but in the spirit of Christmas we excitedly set out to find our little Christmas Tree. It was quite an adventure. We LOVE hanging out together and so add snow and the Christmas Tree search and it was a happy break from reality.

When I opened the blinds that morning... (yes I jumped up and down and screamed like a 2yr old despite my flu)


It was Nyla's first snow! She was pacing the windows all day :)

All bundled up and warming up the car, ready to head out.
All the various Christmas tree stands/farms were ooooober expensive (there was no way we could shell out $50-$200 for a tree!!) and everything was soaking wet because of the snow... so we kept looking.

But when we walked into our last option and saw these tags... we knew that Home Depot was were our tree was coming from!!
Brought the tree home and Nyla would not leave it alone. She would get a branch in her mouth and start tugging... haha... oh great :)

I may be biased but for a $22 tree... I think it's so cute!
And yeah, remember how Nyla was tugging on the branches? Well the next morning we woke up to find her under the dining room table chewing her heart out on one of our ornaments. Haha... needless to say, there are no more ornaments in her reach!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohmygosh! soooo cute! i love it! :) :)