Thursday, September 10, 2009

You Crown the Year with Bounty

From sunrise to sunset help me not forget
all that you've done for me.
From sunset to sunrise help me keep my eyes
upon Your glory.
- Paul Wright -

Thanks to so many of you who STILL continually pray for me and ask how I'm doing health wise... especially you... yeah, the few that keep up with my blog :)

I decided that today I'd post a little Health Update for those of you who are curious.

Earlier today I went back in my blog's archive to see exactly how I was documenting how I felt around this time last year. Turns out that tomorrow will be exactly a year from my post in September where I had just recently returned from Johns Hopkins and said:

"Well, the gradual 'getting better' continues to slowly climb.
I'm so grateful that I can say
that there are moments where I feel almost normal,
sometimes for a few hours and

... drum roll please!! ...
sometimes for a whole day!!"


Moments. That was a big word for me today. Moments. There were "moments or hours" where I felt almost normal. God is kind sometimes to remind us of the past so that we can more clearly see the grace that there is today.


Last September I was rejoicing in the "moments" that I was feeling pretty good and amazed that I would have an occasional whole day without major convulsions, muscle cramps and spasms, or extreme fatigue. And this year, it's MUCH different! I am still sick and definitely not "well" but I'm far better!

Last year I couldn't work. Now I can put in a little less then 20 hours a week and still feel ok.

Last year I slept and rested most of the time with a potential evening activity once or twice a week. Although now I still have to pace myself carefully so that I don't overdue it, I can pretty much do most things that I would like too if I plan my week right.

Most days last year around this time had a severe convulsion happen sometime throughout the course of a day. Now I have something much more like muscle spams only a few times a month with an occasional convulsion thrown in there.


Last year I functioned in a constant state of extreme fatigue. Now the fatigue seems to come and go and I love the days where its a low enough level that I can ignore the drained feeling :)

Yep. It is true. God has been good. And we trust that He will continue to be good. Who knows... maybe in September of 2010 God would have completely healed me! But for now, I rejoice in the fact that I'm where I am today and more so in the fact that God's love for me has NOT changed one bit throughout this entire process!

You visit the earth and water it; you greatly enrich it;
the river of God is full of water;
you provide their grain, for so you have prepared it.
You crown the year with your bounty;
your wagon tracks
overflow with abundance.
- Psalm 65:9,11
-


P.S. all the sunset pictures were taken throughout the year from various fields around our home! Its my favorite moment of the day!

P.P.S. for those of you who might be finding this post confusing because you don't know about my illness... you can read the posts listed on the right that give some background :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

oh kristen! what an incredible, incredible post! i am amazed to see how God has been at work in the past year! i love it!!!! thank you for the reminder of His faithfulness! i can't wait to see what He does THIS year!

love, love, love, LOVE you!
jennifer (almost fountain :)

Casey Somerville said...

praise God for his faithfulness!! i'm still blown away by your example of walking through this trial with trust and peace, even when it seemed unending. He's so good :D

Anonymous said...

praise God! i'm so encouraged to hear of how faithful God has been once again!

i'm still praying for you though. and you can't make me stop. ;)