Its a cute little place. We're really blessed :) Here are some pictures of the "before" stage. This is what it looked like before we moved in.
This is the hallway right as you walk in the door. Right after the little door for the small storage room on the right is the bathroom, straight ahead is the living room, and to the left is the closet and hallway that leads to the kitchen. Not pictured on the left is a door that leads into the bedroom.
Here's the bathroom with the cute new shower curtain that they left for us.
The living room. To the left is the entrance into the dining room.
Here are the window paned double doors that open up and lead to the dining room. I was so excited that these doors were here because we had the same ones in Middletown and I was so sad to be leaving them. You'll see in "after" pictures later though that I was able to get rid of the two toned madness :)
Here is a picture of the dining room. To the left is a doorway that leads to the kitchen and to the right (not pictured) is the door that leads to our private balcony. (which is where I am as I write this post... sooooo nice!)
So lets step to the right first... here's the door that leads out onto the balcony.
Here's the view of town to the right...
And the view of the train station, the canal that is on the other side of the trees :) A great place for morning walks!
This is one angle of the kitchen... and the awful wallpaper that is so happily gone.
The fridge and stove are located behind you... to the left of the stove is an additional entrance into the bedroom.
This is a little "kitchen nook" which I was SOOOO happy to discover fit my pantry shelving from Middletown perfectly!!
This is the bedroom. It's small but I'm so very glad that it is. Coming from a bedroom that was 15' x 19' ... it was just too big and I never really liked how I couldn't make all the space feel cozy. A small space is a nice change :)
And here's the closet in the bedroom with the door that leads back out to the main hallway. And that brings our little tour full circle :)
So now as you read this all my paint colors are splashed on the wall and our comfy furniture is all arranged. I have pictures of the "after" shots but you'll have to wait for those... cause I still have boxes to unpack and somewhere in the midst of it all is my camera cord... so I can't upload them yet. But wanted to give you a taste anyway :)
And I also want to take a second to thank each one of you that helped us with the move and getting settled!
- Our care group who prayed so faithfully, sent us money, and offered to help in everyway possible
- The Adams and Kellers for all the boxes :)
- Jane, Emily, Sandra, Jackie, Mike C, and Violetta who collectively spent an entire day to pack us up in Middletown when I was too ill to help
- Thomas for being a super servant and coming over weekend after weekend to help with whatever I threw at him and for bringing a BOX TRUCK so we could move all the furniture quickly!!!! :)
- The lovely Sarah R, Buff and MB for stripping the wallpaper and starting all the painting
- Jane, Amber, the Groves, and Jim and Lois for keeping our fridge so well stocked and our tummies full!
- Mike C, Eli, Brando, and Paul for slaving away with Joe on the hottest day of the summer to move our heavy furniture. THANKS for making the couches fit. Still have no idea how that happened but I'm SOOOO grateful!
- Rebecca, Elizabeth, Jackie, Sarah T, and Lois for helping me to unpack, settle in, and finish painting
- and Mike B for changing out that ugly light fixture and being our "electric man contact" :)
WOW... JOE AND I ARE SO BLESSED
TO HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS WHO LOVE US SO MUCH!!
TO HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS WHO LOVE US SO MUCH!!
THANK YOU
for everything
you all did for us!!!!
for everything
you all did for us!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment