Thursday, June 18, 2009

::Day2:: Sunrise and Little Bay

So I rolled over in bed and looked at the clock... 5:25am... why am I awake? I look at Joe sleeping and try to do the same but I can't seem to drift off. Then I suddenly think... when does the sun rise here? So at 5:40am I quietly sneak out of the bedroom and tip-toe through the house to the back patio door. When I open it, this is what I see!

Perfect timing! And little did I know all that God was going to bless me with by waking me up that early. Within the next 20 minutes I saw the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen in my life! The weather went from still and calm, to billowing clouds with a stormy wind clearing up just in time for the sun to peak out and the sky to turn blue... to finally pouring rain without a cloud in the sky... I was in awe! Hooooow LOVING of God to wake me up just in time for a glorious display of his beauty... wow.
My gorgeous self all bed-heady in my 6am goodness :P
Joe and I were both tuckered out from traveling the day before so we took the morning slow and easy and then spent a restful afternoon at Little Bay, the beach where our Resort was located. And yes... the water is just that blue! :)
Yeah, neither of us take great "just out of water pictures" oh well :) at least its proof we were in the water.
We ate diner back at our place on the back patio.
And then decided to have fun trying out the self-timer on our camera
Later that evening we decided to walk the beach. Our resort was just gorgeous and we were the only ones out and about that night so it was rather romantic :)
If you aren't bored of it all yet :) stick around for Day 3 where we take our little rental car for a tour around the island.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How often do you say you're glad to be up that early?! It looks gorgeous! jealous!!

You guys crack me up... sounds like a good trip so far! :o)

Casey Somerville said...

"stay tuned..." you're so cute. the pictures are A-Mazing.

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

adorable. that's all i can think of. you're adorable. the jumping was adorable. oh wait... GORGEOUS! gorgeous sunrise, gorgeous water...um, ok and i guess jealous. ;)

Unknown said...

can't wait to go to cancun w my hubby-to-be :) you make me happy!