Wednesday, August 20, 2008

...aaaaand again

“I waited patiently for the Lord, he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the miry bog and set my feet upon a rock making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.”
– Psalm 40:1-3

Okay, okay… gee how hard are you all praying?? I had a couple small symptoms this afternoon that the doctors were able to observe which was helpful. But the real reason I’m blogging again tonight is that a couple hours ago I had a convulsion that matched some of my most severe ones. It included all but one of my reoccurring symptoms. Although I’m incredibly sore, fatigued, and drained I’m happy that they occurred. God is being so incredibly merciful to us!! (yes, I agree with all of you… it’s a weird thing to be grateful for but I am)

Another prayer request would be for tonight (for those of you who are up late reading this) but will also be applicable tomorrow. My doctor wants to try some techniques to see if there is anything else they can produce or reproduce. The first trick in his bag is sleep deprivation. So tonight they will keep me up until 2am and then get me up again at 6am and I’ll need to remain awake all day tomorrow. Now for you college students this may not seem like a big deal… I mean 4 hours… not too bad, huh? But lets just imagine for a moment that you are sick with a head cold or something. Feel how tired your body is? Feel that drained “I just want to curl up on the couch under a cozy blanket” feeling? Now get up and go run a couple miles. When you come back… that’s about how I feel right now :) So if you could pray that I would remain awake and the fight to do so wouldn’t be too difficult, I would be so grateful. Please also pray for the real hero in all this… my fabulous husband. He has been serving me heroically and this lack of sleep doesn’t just affect me but him as well as he is sleeping with me in my room.

Thank you all for caring Joe and I on your hearts. I don’t know if you all are aware how much we are aware of your part in all this. God is using each of you in a big way to encourage and strengthen us in him this week. “Thank You” just doesn’t seem like enough but that is the language God has given me and so… Thank YOU for thinking of Joe and I, for reading this, and mostly for praying for us.

8 comments:

flfreckles.blogspot.com said...

I will be praying. Especially that God will give you strength for tomorrow. Love, Kathy :)

All 8 of Us said...

Yes, Joseph and Kristen I check again and again hoping for another update and there it was just before I headed up to bed. I am so glad I checked b/c Kristen you need to be lifted up...my body is tired just thinking of all you went through today...what stories you will have to tell someday about your lovely new hairdo with cool leads stuck to your head, your hospital induced 'slumber' party until 2am etc. His grace is sufficient ...you can boast in your weakness because Christ's power is made perfect in your weakness...may the supernatural power of the living God rest upon you now, doing for you what you are too powerless to do on your own...I look forward to reading tomorrow about how the Lord met you this evening and sustained you.
Carrying you on my heart!!
Kathi

Unknown said...

It's almost 12am and I am thinking of you being awake right now as I am writing this.

I will pray for you and Joe.

I've been going through some things and my mom shared this Psalm with me this week and I would like to share it with you: Psalms 121.

Love,
Viole.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kristen and Joe,

What more to say than I am praying!

May God give you grace today to face what lies ahead. I was just thinking of Psalm 23 "you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies"... Now I know all the Drs. and medical folks are not "enemies" per se.... really they are your friends, but my prayer is that you would be able to feast on his goodness in the midst of all that is going on around you and being so carefully "watched".

Love you!
Rebecca

The Hunsbergers said...

Wow. No sleep sucks. We are praying for you both!

~ The Hunsbergers

Casey Somerville said...

that's pretty cool. i was praying for you at ministry night at the retreat that night!

love you.

aceleyva said...

praying for you Kristen. Remember Rom 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."

I'm glad you guys made it JH. They are the best. (and I'm alive as a result :)

Peggy said...

Love you and am praying for you, i keep your cake in the freezer so that every time I open it I am reminded to pray. Stay busy, do anything you can to keep the word in front of you, sing it, say it, pray it, write it and dance it if Joe can hold you and believe it,that is where you will find your strength, hope and trust. Love you much..Aunt Peggy