So there is this game that I like to play and the rules are simple:
Rule #1 – get into a car and start driving
Rule #2 – do not pick a destination; just drive
Rule #3 – no reading of maps at any point
Rule #4 – do not ask anyone for directions
Rule #5 – have a lot of fun and don’t worry about the time (or the gas)
Yesterday afternoon I had another doctor's appointment and afterwards I was tired and drained but REALLY didn’t want to go home. I was just so happy to be out of the house. So… Joe and I decided to play this fun little “Get Lost” game that we’ve played together before. It turned out to be a wonderful night!
After driving for a really long time we landed in DC and decided to walk around the Capitol which is one of my personal favorite buildings to look at in DC. The weather was gorgeous! We walked around for a while (well, Joe walked and pushed me in the wheelchair) until we found a handicap entrance that brought us half way up the stairs in front of the building. A fun little surprise awaited as a live jazz band played music as we sat on the stairs watching the sun set behind the Washington Monument. Amount random other things, the night also included singing loudly to the 60's song “Downtown”, finding the bored Capitol Police and drilling them on questions about their job, as well as heading to Union Station to wrap up the evening with a romantic slice of pizza and a soda. It was positively fabulous fun!
Thanks to all of you for praying for me. I’m so grateful that I was able to enjoy the evening last night doing something “normal” with my man. It was so much fun. God was so kind to allow me to be healthy enough to do it. I’m looking forward to hopefully playing many more “Get Lost” games in the future.
5 comments:
Hey Kristen!
I am sooooo happy that you and Joe could have a wonderful time in DC =). God is good.
I am still planning my trip to Mexico hehehe :P
Fred and I will continue praying for you ;D
Hugs =D
Violeta
Thats so great Kristen! So exciting!! I can't wait to see you... hopefully soon, like in 10 days soon. But if not, I can't wait to see you when we're both married! I miss you so much!
By the way, our apartment is very wheelchair friendly. So when you're a bit better, you'll have to make a trip down for some milano's and mango :o)
YAY!!!!! I'm ever so glad to read an update like this one Kristen! It brought a smile to my face. :)
I am having so much fun with your little Catoe siblings. Maria taught me how to knit and I'm TRYING to get Elizabeth to wear some more feminine clothes. :-P It's not going as well as I had wanted, but oh well right? hehehe...
I miss you dearest, and have not stopped praying for you and Joe. Enjoy more days with Joe like this one to come. :D
~Mary
What a wonderful day! I love D.C., too.
the "get lost" game is awesome!!!
hurray for some semblance of normalcy!! :)
Post a Comment