Friday, January 11, 2013

remembering

I want to spend a little time remembering.

Remembering God's faithfulness.
Remembering his love.
Remembering how he has never forgotten or forsaken me.
Remembering his care.
Remembering how he has always protected.
Remembering how he always gave grace even when I didn't see it.
Remembering how he always had a plan for my good.
Remembering how he listened and grieved with every prayer even when I doubted him.
Remembering his sovereignty.
Remembering his provision.
Remembering his overwhelming blessings.
Remembering his forgiveness.
Just simply remembering.



I want to remind myself that He's ALWAYS been faithful and that this is my anthem and it's my song, the theme of the stories. So I'm not going to go back to far, just to the start of this blog. I'm going to slowly go through my past posts and soak in the story, soak in the work of God, and just sit here for a while.

Now that it's 2013 we're coming up on 5yrs of marriage and 5yrs since I was first hospitalized. Life has changed so drastically. We are in such a season of extreme tangible blessing now. Joe and I are more in love then we imagined possible, I am completely and utterly healed of my wheelchair binding illness, we have a precious son who brings us so much delight, and another much anticipated baby is coming in just over 4 months. Life is sweet right now.

But when life is sweet, for me, desperation for God can wain. So I'm going to sit here and dwell for a while on my past. God has placed a magnificent, complex, and beautiful monument to his faithfulness in our little family's life and I want to visit here again and just re-watch him amazed, in awe of the mystery of his perfect ways.

I don't know all that I'll discover as I go through the little history in this blog. Many, many posts I haven't read since the day they went online. But I'm excited to look for God's hand in them and allow the "remembering" to affect my heart in the "today".

No comments: