Thursday, June 9, 2011

eph 1:17-19

So often I only see the hard circumstances in front of me. The ones that don't make any sense. The ones that I feel blur God's purpose for me.

But can you imagine what life would be like if stopped trusting in only what I can see and looked back at the truth that God has given me? If I really, truly, functionally knew the HOPE that I've been called to, the RICHES of Heaven that are awaiting me, and the immeasurable POWER of God in my life right now...

Doubting God is good? Doubting he is near? Doubting he is trustworthy?... but why?! He's given me HOPE. He's given me a GLORIOUS INHERITANCE. He has promised his POWER. Oh Father, enlighten my heart that I may know.


"...that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened that you may KNOW...
  • what is the hope to which he has called you
  • what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints
  • and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe"

1 comment:

megan said...

Great meditation.