"How did you begin to bear fruit? It was when you came to Jesus and cast yourself on His great atonement, and rested on His finished righteousness... Have you declined since then?... When have you been the most fruitless? Has it not been when you have lived farthest from the Lord Jesus Christ, when you have slackened in prayer, when you have departed from the simplicity of your faith... The more simply we depend upon the grace of God in Christ, and wait upon the Holy Spirit, the more we shall bring forth fruit unto God. Oh! to trust Jesus for fruit as well as life."
:: Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening ::
"Oh Lord, make me know my end
and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting I am!
Behold, you have made my days
a few handbreadths...
Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!
And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you.
Deliver me from all my transgressions."
:: Psalm 39:4-5, 7-8 ::
"I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now my Savior.
I come to Thee."
1 comment:
I love this Kristen - so good.
Post a Comment