"Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you! And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore but your eyes shall see your Teacher."
- Isaiah 30:18-20 -
"Constantly we may draw from the bank of faith and get our need supplied out of the riches of God's lovingkindness. My Lord never fails to honor his promises and when we bring them to his throne, he never sends them back unanswered. Therefore I will wait only at his door for he ever opens it with the hand of his magnificent grace. At this hour I will try him anew... Oh my soul, live for God, live with the desire and resolve to glorify him from whom cometh all thy supplies."
- Author Unknown -
Thank you all for praying for us! I was drawn to tears as I read your comments this morning. It was such a clear reminder to me that God IS near and IS caring for this Catoe Famliy. He has placed Joe and I on the hearts of many. The boundary lines for us in this season have indeed fallen in pleasant places. God knows what we need and he is revealing himself to both of us in deeper ways then we could imagine. Thank you for praying. We need it. I need it... not just for healing but for faith and strength to continue battling against fear and doubt by resting in HIS promises first proclaimed to us in the Gospel. God's all sufficient hand is overflowing with love and grace. God knows what he is doing! He has a great plan in this trial for Joe's and my good and for His glory. Thank you for your prayers. What a beautiful picture of heaven. At the risk of being cliché... your prayers mean more to us then I think you know. I am humbled by your care. Thank you.
Praying for all of you that are now on your way to New Attitude! Joe and I are sad to not be able to go this year but excited to hear how God meets you there.
6 comments:
The roller coaster of Na has started but in the midst of the busyness we're still thinking of you and still praying for you.
Paul & Jo
Kristen, I am so, so, so, so sorry that you're walking through this...and yet, I am amazed at the way you guys are responding!!! I am so encouraged, challenged and humbled reading the updates! It is an obvious evidence of God's grace in your lives that has led you to this place to where you can respond in a GOD-GLORIFYING way. I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers (Philemon 1:4). I love, love, love you, girl!!! And I miss you. And I am interceding for you and trusting God along with you and Joe.
Did I say I love you? Oh wait, did I say I miss you? Just in case...I LOVE AND MISS YOU! ;o)
HEY GIRLIE!!! Oh how I have missed your smiling face every week and at care group!! Thanks for posting updates!! It's good to hear how God is working in your life. God is REALLY working in mine too. To make a long story short, I've moved in with the Staffords for the summer and have enjoyed spending TONS of time with your new siblings! They are such a HOOT!! The things that come out of their mouths crack me up sometimes. They have built a bridge and a waterfall in that little stream by the big pond and request almost every day to walk over to it and "fix it" some more. :-P I hope I get to see you again soon!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Mary <3
I'm so provoked by your response to this challenging season, Kristen! I'll definitely be praying for you. In addition to healing and clear direction medically, I'll pray you feel and *know* the Lord's nearness thru' this trial.
:) jen czarniak
Hey Kristen!
That's so cool that you opened this blog :). Let me tell you that this past Thursday (the 22nd) Fred and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversay!! :):) we have been blessed by God all this time. Do you remember that we were planning to take pictures with Kristen, but for some reason she couldn't respond my e-mail. Any way, we can take those pics later =P. We celebrated going out to get something to eat at "Cacique" restaurant (yummy) and we went to the movies.
Fred and I love you guys and we are praying for you!
Hi Kristen,
at one point during worship at Na, Bob sang a spontaneous song about those who are suffering through physical trials. The Lord brought you to my mind (and I'm sure to countless others too).
I pray that He continues to touch your soul with the healing strength needed to turn to Him.
It is encouraging to read about your hope-filled faith and your confidence in your Savior. Also, its encouraging to see from my bird's eye view the support and encouragement of your friends!
Post a Comment